Why attend Santa Fe Elementary?
Santa Fe Elementary Dual Language Academy is a two-way immersion school within the Porterville Unified School District. Santa Fe’s Two Way Language Immersion program offers students the unique and exciting opportunity to read, write, and communicate naturally in both Spanish and English. Dual immersion produces bilingual, biliterate students, by immersing them in a second language, when their young minds have the greatest aptitude for language development. At Santa Fe:
- The language and culture of all students is valued.
- Language is acquired through content instruction; it is not taught as a separate subject area.
- Classrooms are language-rich environments incorporating cooperative learning, thematic instruction, hands-on materials and visual and graphic displays.
- Students develop language through structured academic experiences and social interactions with peers.
- Parents are advised that continuous student enrollment for the duration of the program is recommended to achieve full program benefits.
- Children reach a high level of proficiency that exceeds the fluency of students in other language programs.
Santa Fe Elementary is on a traditional school year schedule. There are 175 school days scheduled for the year.
School hours are as follows:
- 8:10 a.m. – 2:20 p.m. Grades K – 3rd grade (All day Kindergarten – Dual Language Academy)
- 8:10 a.m. – 3:05 p.m. Grades 4th– 5th grade
Breakfast is served from 7:45 am – 8:10 am for $1.10. Hot lunches are available for $2.30 per day. Milk may also be purchased for 30 cents (regular or chocolate). Applications to apply for free or reduced breakfast/lunch are available in the school office. If you wish to pay for lunches in advance, you must pay in the office.
Children should not arrive before 7:45 am unless they are eating breakfast in the cafeteria. There is no supervision on the playground before that time. At dismissal, we expect all children to go home promptly unless arrangements have been made with their teacher.
Students arriving late must report to the school office to sign-in before entering class.
When your child is absent, please call the school office at 782-6614, or send a note explaining your child’s absence.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call our office at (559) 782-6614.